Keeping You Safe from COVID-19
Safety Precautions for our Patients and Staff
We are now open and phasing in most eye care and optical services. We are committed to full screening, distancing, and enhanced disinfection precautions to keep you and our community safe.
Every patient and staff member who make an appointment and enter our office will be screened for symptoms of COVID-19 including:
- Cough/Sore Throat
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- New loss of taste or smell
- Recent travel outside of Washington
We may also screen body temperatures of our patients and staff with an infrared, non-contact thermometer. We actively monitor the health of all office staff daily.
- Appointments are required for anyone to enter our office, including optical services
- Appointments are being spaced out to allow fewer patients in the office at any one time
- Everyone in our facility is required to wear a cloth face covering or mask; those arriving without a mask will be rescheduled. Please bring your own due to health care PPE supply shortages
- Visitors will be asked to wait in their car, unless they provide a service for the patient (ex. language interpreter, parent or guardian of a child, etc.)
- Physical barriers and furniture have been arranged to allow greater distancing measures whenever possible
- Hand hygiene is required by using hand sanitizer or washing hands at appointment check-in (please do not wear gloves)
- All contact surfaces (counters, computers, door knobs, chairs) are cleaned multiple times daily
- All testing/exam rooms, contact areas, and optical frames are sanitized with hypochlorous acid or other approved disinfectants between each patient
- All staff are regularly trained on proper CDC disinfecting protocols, PPE use, and patient safety
Please contact us with any questions or concerns prior to your next visit at 360-336-5734.
Thank you for trusting us with your eye care needs as we strive to keep a safe environment for everyone!